The Villa, which is one of the finest example among the aristocratic houses of Brianza and Lombardia, was built in 1775 on an already existing U-shaped farmstead. The present neo-classical building, whose shapes are reminiscent of the Piermarini lines, was ordered at the beginning of the 19th century by Francesco Casati, who spent there every autumn until his death in 1837. When its last heir died, the Villa passed to the Ospedale Maggiore of Milan from which, in 1853, was bought by Giuseppe Greppi di Bussero, a member of a Milanese family that had come to prominence in the 18th century.
Since then, the family have owned the house uninterruptedly, handing it down from generation to generation, in fact its owners are still living there. Unlike other houses that, renovation after renovation, were deprived of their soul, Villa Greppi di Bussero preserves the atmosphere of the centuries it went through.